POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Can Warp's compressor do Mesh2 with textures? : Re: Can Warp's compressor do Mesh2 with textures? Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:15:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can Warp's compressor do Mesh2 with textures?
From: Stefan Viljoen
Date: 28 Nov 2005 01:15:56
Message: <438aa096@news.povray.org>
St. spake:

> "Stefan Viljoen polard.com>" <spamnot@<removethis> wrote in message
>
>> (and make the UV textures maps still work right in the resulting
>> compressed mesh?)
>
>       I'm not sure, it's a long time since I've used it. Have you tried
> commenting out uv-mapping in your 'seat_POV_geom.inc' file? (At the end of
> the file).
>
>      ~Steve~
Hi Steve,

I haven't tried it yet, but the whole point of the effort for me is to
reduce the size of the mesh -and- have the UV mapping still work - so if I
comment out th UV specifications, the question is moot. I can then just as
well use the uncompressed mesh.

Ever used Blender? The meshes are sourced from there, exported in OBJ format
and then converted using PoseRay - Blender is fine for me personally but
its .OBJ exporter seems to be a bit lavish with its triangles. Any idea how
I can make Blender be less profligate with exports?

I wonder because the .blend file for the particular object is 1MB, while the
final .OBJ is more than 10MB...

Thanks again,
--
Stefan Viljoen
Software Support Technician / Programmer